Hyaluronidase, with xylazine and ketamine,Hyaluronidase, with xylazine and ketamine,reducing immobilization time in wild cattle(Bos taurus)
F.Spadola et al
- Riferimento: Large Animal Review 2019; 25: 159-161 159
- Abstract: Aim - To evaluate the effects of the addition of hyaluronidase to xylazine and ketamine drug combination on chemical immobilization times in wild cattle. Study design - Trial study, “blinded” randomized. Animals - Forty free wild cattle (Bos taurus). Methods - Cattle were divided into two groups and immobilized using chemical immobilization, in group A has been administered an association of 0.4 mg/kg xylazine and ketamine hydrochloride 1 mg/kg, in the group B the same dosage combination of ketamine and xylazine is added 300 UI of hyaluronidase. The time spent between first pharmacological effects and the return at the quadrupedal station (T1-T6), heart rate, respiratory rate and body temperature were monitored. Results - In group B, all monitored times were significantly shorter than in group A, exception made for time T5. The total time (T6) between inoculation of the drug at the return of quadrupedal station was shorter in group B [53 (35/70)] than in group A [72 (7/79)], P = 0.000. Conclusion and clinical relevance - The use of hyaluronidase, in association with xylazine/ketamine, shortens the chemical immobilization time in wild cattle.
- Specie: animali da reddito
- Anno: 2019
- Rivista: Large Animals Review
- Allegato: DOWNLOAD ALLEGATO